Monday 23 September 2013

The Washing of the Zulu

Having said he was relatively easy to paint and having looked at the figure again, I realised that in fact I wasn’t very happy with my paint job. The big problem is that my block painting technique doesn’t lend itself well to large areas of the same colour – in this case flesh.


So I applied another coat of Foundry 6A Dusky Flesh and then applied a wash of 47B Leather and Metal Brown Wash to give the flesh areas a bit more definition (thanks for the idea Don). It doesn’t show up well to the camera but looks much better in the flesh, so to speak.


I also repainted the shield front because I felt I could do a bit better. All in all I’m much happier with the final result – just need another 99 figures and I’ll have a decent sized Impi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I agree, this guy does look better after his "wash".
2. You are now teasing me with the French Old Guard "blurred in the background" shot aren't you?

Stryker said...

Matt - no tease intended, I will now return to painting the Old Guard!