Friday 16 March 2012

Nansouty

This is the result of my latest painting efforts - FN/361 GENERAL NANSOUTY in Cuirassier General’s uniform with cocked hat (on horse FNH/10). Not one of the best of the Hinton Hunt personality figures in my opinion as the position of the right arm looks a bit odd but at least this is a genuine vintage figure.

I’ve mentioned before that Marcus Hinton chose his personality figure models in order to show as much variety in uniforms as possible. This is why quite a few of the Marshals are missing from the Hinton Hunt line-up in favour of the more obscure Generals like Nansouty (no offence to the Nansouty family). This does give me the impetus I need however to perhaps get on and paint up some Cuirassiers for him to command.

On that subject, painting has taken a back seat this week while the campaigning season gets underway in the garage. Sadly the current game doesn’t involve the Hinton Hunts so I can’t really post it on this blog but if you’re interested in the American Civil War click here to see what’s been going on.

4 comments:

Rafael Pardo said...

I always liked the French generals in cuirass and bicorne. After seeing your beautiful figure, I am thinking to upgrade one of my old cuirassiers to general!
Regards
Rafa

Stryker said...

Rafa, you should do so - I'm sure it will improve the morale of the whole heavy cavalry Corps!

Ian

Conrad Kinch said...

A very sharp looking fellow.

Vintage Wargaming said...

I'm quite fond of the Nansouty figure. There are a couple of Hourtoulle illustration of nNansouty's review of the Cuirassiers in Soldiers and Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars, which are inspirational. I think I have an S Range French Cuirassier general - I have never found this listed anywhere. I have it somewhere and must dig it out, and check it isn't a conversion.. I think it might be d'Hautpoul