Wednesday 16 November 2011

British Fifer

My thanks to Steve, who sent me this splendid little Hinton Hunt British Fifer BN/11 Fifer (playing). Steve noticed that my Guards had no Fifer in their ranks and sent this chap over to join them.

It’s a lovely crisp vintage casting and certainly deserves a place in the Guards. However, it does pose a bit of a problem as my units are 24 figures strong and to include him I will have to eject one of the existing ones from the ranks. Another solution may be to increase the size of the unit to 30 figures, after all Guard units were normally quite large. I will ponder that one.

I’ve been having quite a frustrating time with Blogger recently as it decided a few days ago to stop me posting pictures. I’ve finally found a work around so if anyone else has had the same thing happen let me know and I’ll tell you what I did.

3 comments:

Vintage Wargaming said...

Hi Ian, I haven't been able to load multiple pictures to a post so I have had to do them one at a time

Ken said...

How old is the fifer casting?

Stryker said...

Ken - It's impossible to say for sure but judging by the quality this is quite an old one so at least 40 years!

Ian